As we already announced, Jared and I had the chance to chat about drums, the desperation band, working with Paul Mabury and his role at New Life Church.
Here is part one of the conversation[tentblogger-youtube 7TiAsYqELTM]
Here are some things that I took away from this first portion of our conversation:
- Find the groove and give the bass player something to lock on to
- Stick to the verse grooves and chorus grooves (core elements of the song)
- For what we’re doing in the church we need to be really focused on serving:
- Serving the Lord
- Serving the Worship Pastor
- Serving the Congregation
- Serving the Song
- Ask yourself, “How is my drumming serving those four things?”
If you have any questions for Jared, leave them in the comments and I’ll do my best to have him respond when he gets the opportunity.
Stay tuned for part 2 of the interview!